Thursday, November 15, 2007

AS400 logs in syslog

quota from http://www.securityfocus.com/...

> I would like to analyze in real time, the AS400 events. I'm seeking a
> method to forward AS400 logs in syslog, SNMP or SMTP.

I'm not familiar with the AS400 (been over 12 years), so please bare with me.
I assume the problem is there is no stock syslog and/or no way to get syslog
to compile? Is there a copy of logger? If so, you can use that. If not, its messy but:

tail -f /var/log/messages | nc -u 192.168.1.1 514 &

will work in a pinch.
I've used this to Syslog off log entries that I've been either too lazy to
setup correctly, or only needed a short term solution. This of course
means you need a working copy of Netcat, but the code is pretty small
and portable.

Centos 7 reset root/ any user lost password / lockout due to cant remember password

1. Need to be in front of the terminal. (Physically if not vm). 2. Reboot the server 3. Press 'e' in the GRUB2 boot screen. 3. bunch...